Pre-Conference Program: Parksmart Advisor Training
Presenter: Eric Haggett and David Taxman
1 Day Pre-Conference Course
Sunday, May 21
9:00 am–5:00 pm
7 CAPP Points; 0.7 CEUs*
*CEUs are earned following successful completion and a passing score of 70 percent on the assessment.
= additional fees and/or separate registration required. In order to ensure maximum benefit for all participants, the workshop is limited to 30 people.
COURSE PREREQUISITE: Attendees must purchase the Parksmart Certification Standard and bring it with you to class.
Parksmart Advisors lead clients through the certification process for sustainable parking structures. The Parksmart program (formerly Green Garage Certification) is now offered under by the USGBC/GBCI alongside the suite of LEED and other sustainability rating systems. IPI is the USGBC Education Partner providing the education required to earn this valuable certificate.
This one-day class covers the theory and practice of building certification and the emergence of Green Garage Certification (now ParkSmart), which is now managed by Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI), the certification arm of the USGBC. View the Guide to Parksmart Certification. For more information on the certification, please visit the Parksmart website.
This training offers GBCI credit for LEED accredited professionals for 7 CE Hours.
The course offers a deep-dive into the specific management, programmatic, technological, and structural elements of certification. The course equips attendees with the knowledge to lead a facility through Parksmart Certification, including how to evaluate a parking facility and the process and procedures for submitting facilities for certification.
Who Should Attend?
Potential candidates for this training include consultants, suppliers, and commercial operators who provide professional services to parking organizations in all sectors, as well as professionals who own and operate parking facilities or departments.
- Explain the role of Parksmart Advisors to assist clients in the Parksmart evaluation and certification process
- Illustrate the specific management, programmatic, technological, and structural elements of certification
- Demonstrate how certified Parksmart garages lower costs, enhance value, and achieve sustainability objectives
- Evaluate given examples using Parksmart tools and certification process
- Recognize, verify, and encourage environmentally sustainable solutions in new, existing, and retrofitted parking garages
Included in Your Registration: Course materials, certificate of completion, morning coffee and buffet lunch.