2018 IPI Conference & Expo: Call for Presentations
For more information on selection notification and other speaker deadlines, please visit the speaker timeline.
We invite skilled speakers and industry experts to submit presentations for consideration. With more than 3,500 attendees, we want you to be a part of the largest and highest attended parking conference in the world!
When developing the conference educational sessions, our goal is to provide a program that meets the varied educational needs of attendees, presented by talented speakers who represent the diversity of the industry.
IPI is organizing our education tracks this year as follows, however, presentations on topics outside of these themes will also be considered:
|Moving Forward||Alternative Transportation & Mobility|
|Creating Success||Operations & Finance|
|Maximizing Skills and Developing Expertise||Personal & Staff Development|
|Exploring Places and Structures||The Built Environment|
|Driving Innovation||Technology & Trends|
Proposals should provide attendees with:
- New skills, capabilities, and behaviors to allow them to deliver successful parking programs.
- Real-life examples or case studies that contribute to the advancement of the industry.
- Cutting-edge technologies, trends, and insights into best practices that can be translated to operations and performance.
- Leadership and customer service that demonstrate effective problem solving, communications, and engagement
- Problem Solving - Speakers pose a problem and lead attendees through exercises to develop solutions.
- Panel Presentation - Moderated discussion by no more than three panel members and one moderator with the a focus on outcomes and best practices.
- Experimental/Case Study – Speakers review a case study and lessons learned.
- Interactive/Innovative Presentation and Group Discussions
Before you submit your proposal, consider how to make your presentation highly engaging and interactive. Ideas on how to engage your participants include but are not limited to:
- Include a 5-minute or less video clip(s) to engage audience participation regarding the topic.
- Lead your audience through scenarios, graphics, stories or case studies.
- Involve participants by asking questions, using exercises and even creating something as a take away.
- Allow for 10 minutes of question and answer time at the end or build that time into your presentation.
The submission process takes approximately 20-30 minutes. The individual(s) submitting the proposal must also be the individual(s) presenting. Co-presenter(s) names and panelists must be identified during the submission process. Substitutions of presenters and panelists will not be allowed after the close date.
After you have successfully completed the process, you will receive an email from IPI confirming your submission. You can submit up to three (3) presentation proposals.
- Overall quality and written description of content.
- Well-defined educational objectives that match the session description.
- Relevancy of content to the parking profession.
- Ability for the topic and delivery mode to engage participants.
- Presentation skill and experience of the proposed presenter(s).
Speakers who violate the Self-Promotion Policy and IPI Speaker Agreement will not be permitted to present any education sessions at future IPI events. If you have questions about specific content, or would like further guidance on these policies, please contact Kathleen Federici at email@example.com.