2019 IPI Conference & Expo: Call for Presentations
We invite skilled speakers and industry experts to submit presentations for consideration. With more than 3,500 attendees, we want you to be a part of the largest and highest attended parking conference in the world!
When developing the conference educational sessions, our goal is to provide a program that meets the varied educational needs of attendees, presented by talented speakers who represent the diversity of the industry.
IPMI is organizing our education tracks this year as follows, however, presentations on topics outside of these themes will also be considered:
|Energize||Provides inspiration, motivation, skill sets and creativity for organizational, professional, and personal development.|
|Move||Dives into all aspects of mobility, including all modes of transportation, TDM, and trends shaping our industry.|
|Build||Addresses the planning, design, construction, maintenance and renovation of physical parking and transportation infrastructure.|
|Execute||Examines all areas of administration, operations, finance, human resources, marketing, and more.|
|Innovate||Focuses on technology in mobility, transportation and parking, from the state of the industry to the disruptive and innovative.|
Proposals should provide attendees with:
- New skills, capabilities, and behaviors to allow them to deliver successful parking programs.
- Real-life examples or case studies that contribute to the advancement of the industry.
- Cutting-edge technologies, trends, and insights into best practices that can be translated to operations and performance.
- Leadership and customer service that demonstrate effective problem solving, communications, and engagement
- Problem Solving - Speakers pose a problem and lead attendees through exercises to develop solutions.
- Panel Presentation - Moderated discussion by no more than three panel members and one moderator with the a focus on outcomes and best practices.
- Experimental/Case Study – Speakers review a case study and lessons learned.
- Interactive/Innovative Presentation and Group Discussions
Before you submit your proposal, consider how to make your presentation highly engaging and interactive. Ideas on how to engage your participants include but are not limited to:
- Include a 5-minute or less video clip(s) to engage audience participation regarding the topic.
- Lead your audience through scenarios, graphics, stories or case studies.
- Involve participants by asking questions, using exercises and even creating something as a take away.
- Allow for 10 minutes of question and answer time at the end or build that time into your presentation.
The submission process takes approximately 20-30 minutes. The individual(s) submitting the proposal must also be the individual(s) presenting. Co-presenter(s) names and panelists must be identified during the submission process. Substitutions of presenters and panelists will not be allowed after the close date.
After you have successfully completed the process, you will receive an email from IPMI confirming your submission. You can submit up to three (3) presentation proposals.
• Well-defined educational objectives that match the session description.
• Relevance of content to the parking, transportation and mobility profession.
• Level of participant engagement and interactivity.
• Presentation skill and experience of the proposed presenter(s).
Note: The 2019 IPMI Conference & Expo will provide the best educational content possible -- self-promotion and the promotion of specific products and services are expressly prohibited in the Speaker Agreement. IPMI provides a variety of sponsorship and sales opportunities throughout the conference, such as exhibit spaces and Learning Labs. For more information on purchasing exhibit space or securing a time slot for one of our Learning Labs, email us.
Speakers who violate the Self-Promotion Policy and IPMI Speaker Agreement will not be permitted to present any education sessions at future IPMI events. If you have questions about specific content, or would like further guidance on these policies, please contact Kathleen Federici at email@example.com.